Lose yourself in the quaint cobbled streets and passageways bustling with life of old town St Ives. Explore the gastronomic feasts of the many St Ives restaurants and cafes or enjoy the lively night life in the abundant bars and pubs. Bask in in the shallow, crystal clear waters of golden, sandy, blue flag beaches. Mill around the Tate gallery taking in the spectacular Porthmeor views. Relax in the subtropical gardens at Trewyn and the nearby Barbara Hepworth Museum. Take a coastal walk along the rugged West Cornwall coastline to the mystical village of Zennor.
Cornish Cottage has all this to offer literally on its doorstep. Situated at the foot of Barnoon, tucked just around the corner from the cobbled Fore Street in the very heart of St Ives town centre, it is only one minutes level stroll to the harbour and beaches and 5 minutes level stroll to Porthmeor Beach and the Tate gallery and just paces from The Barbara Hepworth sculpture garden.
A beautiful town centre 17th century stone cottage tucked away in a quiet cobbled street. Lovingly restored and completely refurbished in 2013 to an exceptionally high standard – the cottage has the comforts of a bijoux boutique hotel with the freedom to do as you please!
Sleeps 2. A quintessential romantic Cornish cottage in the heart of St Ives with parking. The Cottage blends stylish contemporary style with delightful period character – steeped in history and full of original charm with wonky walls, a wood burning stove with cornish granite fire surround, granite coins, window seats and exposed beams the cottage is reputed to be one of the oldest houses in St Ives.
Cornish cottage is the perfect romantic retreat for both summer & winter breaks.
- Perfect for two
- A quintessential granite Cornish cottage full of original features.
- A bright, modern fully equipped kitchen, full size cooker with ceramic hob, fridge and microwave, underfloor heating, natural limestone flag flooring
- Gas Central Heating
- Comfortable lounge area with a flatscreen television, cd/dvd player, natural limestone flag flooring with an “Aga” wood burning stove and granite surround. Complimentary starter pack of logs from November – March.
- Sumptuous feather padded comfy cushioned window seats and dining area
- Original artworks by local artist on the walls.
- Staircase leads to the first floor landing.
- Cosy double bedroom equipped with luxurious 800 thread count cotton bed linen, oversized padded headboard, window seat overlooking quaint cobbled street
- Sumptuous en suite bathroom with natural limestone floor and wall tiles, heated towel rail, fluffy white towels, complimentary French tripled milled soap, full size bath with generous rainforest shower over. Window seat.
- Car parking space for 1 car — a five minute walk away from the cottage or public car parking at Barnoon car park approximately 100 yards away. Large vehicles such as vans cannot be accommodated.
- Complimentary Wifi
- Small library of classic novels and games for guests use
“Thanks once again for a truly wonderful stay at Cornish Cottage. Counting the days until next year…!”
“A cosy cottage in a fantastic location. We could not have asked for more!”
“Lovely, historic & cosy cottage. Equipped for all one’s needs. We have had a fabulous week.”
“It’s been a wonderful holiday with with a lovely cottage to relax in after coastal walks.”